Volunteering in one of our shops can be immensely rewarding. It is hard work but it is always interesting and also great fun. Shop volunteers help with all aspects of the day to day running of the shop so you could be asked to help out with any of the following activities:
- Sorting through donations brought in to the shop by members of the public
- Steaming, pricing and hanging clothing on the sales floor
- Cleaning up bric-a-brac so that it looks its best on the shelves
- Helping out with window and shop displays
- Serving customers at the till point
- Selecting and listing items of particular interest such as antiques, jewellery, memorabilia and books
The list of jobs is endless and there may be certain areas where you feel more confident. You will always be given training for specific tasks that require some knowledge or expertise, but you will never be left on your own in the shop, so help is always at hand.
All Demelza shops rely on having a team of volunteers to help the manager to run the shop on a regular basis. Most shop volunteers come in for one or two sessions each week to fit around their other responsibilities.
To find out more about volunteering in one of the Demelza shops, please contact
Shops are open from Monday to Saturday and session times are generally as follows:
MORNING 9am to 1.30pm
AFTERNOON 1pm to 4.30pm
Voluntary Services Manager
01795 845 218