Lucy and Jordan have written blogs about their experiences of Demelza.
Click here to read them and see why your support makes such a difference to young people like them.
Demelza Hospice Care for Children was started by Derek and Jennifer Phillips in memory of their daughter, Demelza, who sadly died at the age of 24. Find Out More... There are many ways we can help your family. Please get in touch to find out more.
When Mr. and Mrs. Seago from Eltham won the Lotto Jackpot in 2011, they were delighted to receive the £1,000 cheque. After kindly donating £300 back to Demelza and giving some of their winnings to the family, they enjoyed spending the remainder on themselves.
Imagine their surprise and delight to hear that they were the first winners of 2015 to win the Lotto - another £1,000 jackpot.
Mr. Seago explained that they had recently been flooded and all their spare money had been spent on returning their home to normal. The £1,000 win couldn’t have come at a better time.
Mrs. Seago said “this is a lovely start to the year – a real boost”.
Mr. and Mrs. Seago have since joined the Demelza Superdraw, a weekly roll-over with the opportunity of winning up to £25,000. They have also very generously donated another £300 to Demelza for which we are very grateful.
Our thanks and many congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Seago – lightning really does strike twice!
Join the Superdraw and receive a Demelza Bear!
(Design of bear may vary)
£1 a week to play
Win up to £25,000!
The rollover currently stands at £21183.50 Next draw Friday 29th May 2015
• Assess, plan and provide music therapy sessions to families supported by Demelza.
• Work with children/young people individually, in small groups or together with their parents, depending on need or referral
• Promote understanding of the role that music therapy at Demelza has, including participating in training and dissemination about the work. Staff who attend the Jessie's Fund music making course will be invited to participate in the music specialist programme, run by the music therapist at Demelza Kent.
• Provide longer term music therapy sessions to meet assessed needs of the child/family. This may include individual work, family work and groups which can be delivered in the hospice or community, including the family home and school.
• Maintain effective communication and liaison between Demelza and other relevant professionals.
• Offer a flexible approach and undertake other duties consistent with the musical life of the hospice (such as arranging music at funerals & also at concerts).
Where Music Therapy is not accessible or not deemed appropriate, other forms of therapy will be considered and where possible secured to meet the assessed needs (see Counselling).
Demelza Hospice Care for Children is an organizational member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to the Ethical Framework for all counseling skills based activities. All work undertaken is located with relevant clinical and organizational policy frameworks to ensure safeguarding.
Jessie’s Fundis a UK charity helping children with additional and complex needs through the use of music.