Lucy and Jordan have written blogs about their experiences of Demelza.
Click here to read them and see why your support makes such a difference to young people like them.
Demelza Hospice Care for Children was started by Derek and Jennifer Phillips in memory of their daughter, Demelza, who sadly died at the age of 24. Find Out More... There are many ways we can help your family. Please get in touch to find out more.
1. We can both be winners - 50% of the income goes back to giving financial support to our Hospice and 50% of the income goes to the weekly prize fund.
2. Need a family holiday but perhaps cannot afford it.
3. Fancy a new kitchen or conservatory.
4. For one lucky person we could make your dreams come true.
SIX LUCKY PEOPLE HAVE WON £25,000 CASH AND THREE OTHERS HAVE WON FROM £5,000 TO £16,500.
It's the Demelza Superdraw, a Rollover Draw with a difference. If you play our weekly Lotto and haven't won one of our 53 weekly cash prizes up to £1,000 then try the Superdraw. Email us at Demelza or call Tricia or Sue in the Lottery Office on 01795 845222.
Join the Superdraw and receive a Demelza free gift
£1 a week to play
Win up to £25,000!
The rollover currently stands at £7509.50 Next draw Friday 9th October 2015
• Assess, plan and provide music therapy sessions to families supported by Demelza.
• Work with children/young people individually, in small groups or together with their parents, depending on need or referral
• Promote understanding of the role that music therapy at Demelza has, including participating in training and dissemination about the work. Staff who attend the Jessie's Fund music making course will be invited to participate in the music specialist programme, run by the music therapist at Demelza Kent.
• Provide longer term music therapy sessions to meet assessed needs of the child/family. This may include individual work, family work and groups which can be delivered in the hospice or community, including the family home and school.
• Maintain effective communication and liaison between Demelza and other relevant professionals.
• Offer a flexible approach and undertake other duties consistent with the musical life of the hospice (such as arranging music at funerals & also at concerts).
Where Music Therapy is not accessible or not deemed appropriate, other forms of therapy will be considered and where possible secured to meet the assessed needs (see Counselling).
Demelza Hospice Care for Children is an organizational member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to the Ethical Framework for all counseling skills based activities. All work undertaken is located with relevant clinical and organizational policy frameworks to ensure safeguarding.
Jessie’s Fundis a UK charity helping children with additional and complex needs through the use of music.